Founded on 21 July 2015 as a Company Limited by Guarantee and not having share capital with the objective to:
- Provide opportunities and facilities for research that advances knowledge and process issues related to improvement of wellbeing of especially rural communities.
- Undertake activities that provide technical support in development research to improve wellbeing and livelihoods in Uganda and other countries.
- Participate in or commission research that enhances agri-food value chains, education, health, energy, and inclusivity and environmental sustainability
- Carry out activities that increase access to and delivery of education services at basic, secondary and higher education levels, especially for rural communities and or disadvantaged communities.
- Provide technical support for design of research and education programmes and policy formulation in Uganda and other African countries.
- Work with other partners to advance the cause of development research and education in Africa.